Our 2008 Young Directors are Lucy Dear, Victor Esses, Zee Faloon, Sandra Maturana, Erica Miller, Meziem Ndukwe, Natasha Nixon, Emma Playford, Leigh Tredger and Danusia Paluch. Ed Savyll joined the programme as our Technical Trainee.
- Lucy Dear directed Last thirteen minutes of your life, written by Rachel Barnett
- Victor Esses devised and directed Treatment & And Again
- Sandra Maturana directed O, her own adaptation of Salome
- Erica Miller wrote and directed AA Meeting Gone Wrong/Looking in the Wrong Places
- Meziem Ndukwe wrote and directed Waiting for the number 36
- Natasha Nixon wrote and directed Pre-occupation
- Danusia Paluch adapted and directed Alice in Wonder-less Land by Franca Rama and Dario Fo
- Emma Playford wrote and directed Parklife
- Leigh Tredger directed Modern life is rubbish, written by Wally Jiagoo
- Ed Savyll was the company’s technical trainee
In January 2009, the group was given the challenge to devise a Spring Festival. The result was 00:13:00, a festival of devised pieces and adaptations from tales, novels and personal stories. Each piece had to run for 13 minutes. 00:13:00 presented nine 13-minute bite-sized, bold, innovative, humorous, hallucinatory performance pieces weaved into one explosive theatre experience.
The festival was presented in partnership with the Albany, Deptford and supported by The Jack Petchey Foundation & BBC.