Our 2010 Young Directors are Tinuke Craig, Kemi David, Helen Donnelly, Alexander J C Forni, Leonnie Rae Gasson, Sally Pembroke and Anthonette Slatton.
They were given the opportunity to ‘take the reins’ of the Albany’s studio space, programming their own festival of work over three days and together they produced Shouts & Murmurs, a programme of staged readings focusing on the resilience of the individual and the need to speak out in the face of oppression.
- Tinuke Craig directed Abortive by Caryl Churchill
- Kemi David directed Homecoming by Andiah Kisia
- Helen Donnelly directed Far Away by Caryl Churchill
- Alexander J C Forni directed Mountain Language by Harold Pinter
- Leonnie Rae Gasson directed 4.48 Psychosis by Sarah Kane
- Anthonette Isioma directed Late Bus to Mecca by Pearl Cleage
- Sally Pembroke directed The Island by Athol Fuggard
The festival was presented in partnership with the Albany, Deptford and supported by BBC, The Jack Petchey Foundation and The Woodward Charitable Trust.